Monday, February 16, 2009

Study Tour


Hey, so this has been a bit in coming sorry bout that. I guess it’s been about a week now. I’ve had all sorts of stuff going on studio, opera, planning trips, homework, photos, work, ect. I’ll try to write more about all that stuff sometime later… I should probably be working on all my studio stuff right now heh, oh well.


Well the trip started out with me nearly oversleeping and thinking I was going to miss my bus, I had been out late the night after going to the ballet (Romeo and Juliet It was very good) I made it to where I thought we were leaving from but when I got there all sorts of other DIS tour busses were there but not mine. They had changed locations on me but fortunately they also had moved the departure time back half an hour.


The first place that we visited was this muscular dystrophy center It is a place where families with a member that has muscular dystrophy can go together and stay, mostly for vacations I gather. I thought the buildings were quite cool, especially the way the individual buildings related to each other and the space between. They say that it has really incredible views out into the ocean but it was quite foggy on the day we visited


We then visited a traditional Danish church It was pretty cool, but I was only able to get a few shots of but then my camera decided to run out of batteries. My camera really has very long battery life but it doesn’t last 3 weeks and 1100 + shots…


We also checked out a really cool art museum that had a nice exhibition of furniture, Denmark/Scandinavia is really famous for its quality of furniture, very modern looking yet all very comfortable. Being up this far north the indoor is very important cause no one wants to spend much time outdoors in the dark and cold. Hyggelig they call it (the indoor coziness that is)


The last place that we visited on the first day was probably my favorite place on the whole trip. I was quite sad that my camera was all out of batteries :( It was this old castle that had long been in ruins that recently was built up into a usable structure. It wasn’t quite a renovation because they didn’t rebuild what had been had been there before. The building had been torn down so many times and had so many additions put onto it was difficult to choose which time to go back to. So Instead they built an entirely new roof and walls in a way that shows it is separate from the old celebrating both the history and the current use it as a museum.

That night we stayed in Kolding it’s a relatively small town and I found out later that it is actually where my host Dad is from. We stayed in an incredibly nice hostel there (nicer than many hotels that I’ve been in) Oh, and a bunch of us found a sweet pub to hang out in, they had hundreds of different types of beer… quite good!


Well, I seem to be kinda falling behind on my blog posts here... I’ve got so much I could write about but unfortunately time is limited. This post has gotten long enough already. I’ll try to write about the other half of the trip and what has been going on more recently soon.

1 comment:

brooklyn's bridge said...

Some of those pictures from the muscular dystrophy center are very surreal...I like - and what a cool concept! Love the pictures from the church...and did you really go to the ballet? Good grief...I can't even imagine trying to process everything you're seeing and doing! Thanks for making the effort to post. Thanks also for the prayers and the kind words :) You are being lifted in prayer as well my friend!