Friday, October 10, 2008

Ah

"We so often are wanting God to give us a little help while we do our best instead of coming to understand what God wants, and to say 'I can do nothing. God must and will do all' Have you said: 'In worship, in work, in sanctification, in obedience to God, I can do nothing of myself, and so my place is to worship the omnipotent God, and to believe that he will work in me every moment' Oh, may God teach us this! Oh, that God would by his grace show you what a God you have entrusted yourself -- an omnipotent God, willing with his whole omnipotence to place himself at the disposal of every child of his! Shall we not take the lesson of the Lord Jesus and say... 'The things which are impossible with men, are possible with God.' God can sanctify men, and by his almighty and sanctifying power every moment, God can keep them. Oh, that we might get a step nearer to our God now! Oh that the light of God might shine, and that we might know our God better!" -- Andrew Murray, Absolute Surrender






2 comments:

Neil said...

Snook - these are awesome! I'm trying to track down all the locations of these, I feel fairly confident about every thing - minus the leaves and that "railroad" picture. Dana? maybe Sloan?? Argghhh!!!

Snook said...

Neil, thanks a lot!
as to where they are, haha, well...
the leaves would be outside my apartment so I would have been kinda creeped out had you recognized those. As for the "railroad" that's a detail on one of the vertical framing elements that make up the entry to Smith Gyms.